mardi 10 mars 2009

L' armee de soldat en terre cuite

I left Chengdu to go to Xi'an, my last before going to Beijing. This city is formed with a square wall of 5 meters high around the city. I actually biked on it for an hour to have a small introduction and see what the city looks like.

On the wall...

Close to the train station


I also went to the center where you can walk through the Muslim part of Xi'an. (one of the biggest Muslim population in China).

During the first evening, I met Jenny (Chinese girl who is actually American!), Matt (a British guy who is going to live in Beijing after his trip) and Marie Estelle (a French girl from Paris). Our international team was settled up for visiting.

Matt liked xi'an

The most famous thing to see in Xi'an is the army of soldiers found in the ground. The site is very big and well done for the tourist to see the army. There is a couple hundreds of soldiers who were dug from the field. The aspect is pretty good and not too damaged. On my personal opinion, I was actually expecting something better. This site is well known around the world and many tourists talk about it but I am not going to say that it is not a must to do! Maybe it is too touristic for me.

Looks real doesn't it ?

Half was dug out

Built for the JO to show the link between past and present



With our team, we went visiting the army, but also some other sites around Xi'an like the place where the silk road begun. It was actually very good to meet them there, share a couple meals and having fun. See you guys around!

Statue schematisant le debut de la route de la soie

The cat of the hostel was always playing with a rabbit!


The show in front of the big pagoda was quite surprising (a little Las Vegas) :

VIDEO>

1 commentaire:

  1. Hey Thomas

    How are you? I am so happy to see you went to my hometown Xi'an and Chendu where I stayed for four years! So much good memories coming back... If i knew it earlier, I could ask my friends there to show you around!

    Have Fun!

    Yuehan

    RépondreSupprimer