mardi 10 mars 2009

Panda 's world of Chengdu!

On the last post I was going to Chengdu in Sichuan province. I am going to write this post in english since I met Chris, a chinese boy, in the train going to Chengdu. He suggested me to join him and his friends in the evening. Why not!

As soon as I arrived in the city, I decided to visit the city. This town was elected as one of the most pleasant places to live in China. (I don't know what were the criteria but if they said so!). It was again a very big place, crowded of people and surrounded by an intense activity in the streets and always in expansion everywhere.

Mao is standing in the middle of the city

Huge buildings in every street

Best copy of Marlboro classics ...

On the evening, I went with Chris and his fiends in a tea bar. Apparently Chengdu is very famous for the different kind of teas that you can find. I discovered the process used to serve the tea which has its own part of culture, very interesting by the way.

The next day I went to Leshan where the biggest Buddha of the world is. It was very difficult to get there because it was Sunday and it seems to me that all the Chinese wanted to see that statue as well. It was built from a cliff and the actual size was seventy one meters high. One nail was about two meters high already.

You can see on the wall the people going down

Crowded of people!

A tall blond... not used to it!

When I came back in Chengdu, Chris and his friends proposed me to go to have a special dinner: a hot pot. It is translated in french as “fondue”, so basically you have a pot in the middle of the table and you put your food inside until it is cooked. It is very good but only Chinese speakers can order. By the way, many Chinese agree on saying that Sichuan is the best part of China to eat chinese food and also the spiciest one.

On the last day, we went to see the panda in a special center where they keep the animal alive. They also try to increase the number of pandas in the world. This animal is very cute and seems to be friendly but don't forget that it comes from the bears family. This animal is pretty active when young but it gets very lazy and inactive with age. We also assisted at a fight between two of them, very funny.

Chris, his girlfriend and me!

How the well did he got there...

The movie "Kunfu panda":

VIDEO


On the afternoon, we visited the biggest temple of Chengdu before I reached the train station to go to Xi'an. This trip in Chengdu was very good and interesting thanks to Chris and his friends who drove me around.


En bonus, une video de la gare de Chengdu avec ses centaines de Chinois:

VIDEO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire